Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tales from Stalin Land!

Hey there all,
Spent the weekend in Gori with some of the crew. Last night we all got together for dinner and drinks...well mostly drinks. Potent potables are very inexpensive here...a 375ml bottle of vodka goes for about $2.25. Never to be the types to pass up a bargin our group ordered 4 bottles. Today me Erik, Brian, Kelly, Dan and Ellen hiked up to the Gori Fortress and then spent a couple of hours hanging out at the Joseph Stalin museum. I will post some pics next time. It rained like crazy yesterday but today has been beautiful. It kind of sucks spending time in a dark internet cafe right now but I won't be able to post for another couple of weeks because of my schedule.
I am having alot of fun and really working on the language, which is very difficult! Right now I feel like I'm in one of those glass booths that have lots of money swirling around. Pretend each bill is a Georgian word and I am frantically grabbing at them. When the fan stops, I have $3...a noun, maybe a verb (not conjugated correctly), and an object that I can't recall if it is dative or nominative. Ain't new languages fun?
Well, I'm gonna sign off for now. I promise some pics in the next post and a lengthy post about my host family and Georgian culture. Stay cool back there...heard it has been hot!
All the best,
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home