Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Things about Portland I'll miss...or not.


Homebrewing!! I gave all my gear to my friend Chad. I went over last Saturday to brew one more batch! (believe it or not, this was taken before any beers were consumed)
My Obi-Wan to his young Skywalker..Chad has only recently started brewing (I've been doing it for a long time)
During the boil....WE DANCE!!! (this was after a couple...heheh)

Hey,


Well, as I get ready to depart Stumptown, I've been thinking about some of the things quintessentially Portland that I will miss...here's a short list in no particular order:


1. Trees (yeah I know they have them in Georgia, but anyone who's been here knows there is something special about Pacific NW Forests)
2. Free Live Music
3. Beer(Specif. "Terminal Gravity IPA") (Portland has over 30 breweries...and I think the entire country of Georgia produces about 4 types of beer total)
4. My Students (they drive me insane but I really love them)
5. Fishing...although I haven't done it for awhile.
6. Portland AAA Baseball ( I like to go there and grade papers and watch the game)
7. Oregon Coast--one of my favorite places
8. Powell's Books on rainy afternoons.
9. Movie Madness (best video store in the world).
10. Trivia night
11. Kareoke at Chopsticks
12 Football games at Claudia's
13. The courtyard at the Kennedy School
14. The Arboretum (I guess that should go with #1)
15. The Hawthorne District


Things I WON'T miss:
1. Yet another great building being torn down for CONDOS :(
2. Self-righteous bicyclists
3. Smug Pearl district yuppies (more than likley from California)
4. Uber-Christains
5. Lars Larson (radio-host)
6. People that think PBR has cache'

4 Comments:

Blogger Jordia said...

John, that picture of you dancing is priceless. There is something Austin Powers-esque about it...grooovy baby, yah! I can't believe tormorrow is your last day at the Crust. Just think, in a few years' time this blog will have a list of things you'll miss about Georgia. By that time, you may even miss P-land's condo-livin', no-helmet wearin', PBR relishin', tight jeans wearin', vegan, hipster cyclists. Or maybe not. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures and learn of the mad skilllzzz you learn over there! See ya!

10:11 PM  
Blogger bill&jen said...

Glad to hear about the car! Bill & I will keep the IPA flowin' & the barstool warm my friend! Stay safe out in the big 'ol world. Will miss you madly...

11:14 AM  
Blogger RELa said...

Things about Portland John will miss #34938: Students correcting him on spelling (I'm almost certain its karaoke?).
-Ariella (as if you couldn't guess from the username)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Worm said...

Ah, John, the school will be so dry without that dancing of yours. And it will be too quiet without that comforting sound of your constant yelling.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home