Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Alternative Teaching Strategies 101


The "Mr. Garrison" method is always good to break monotony in the classroom!
However, when students need more motivation, the "Homer Simpson" method can be a powerful teaching tool!

If all else fails, the "Hank Aaron" method may be implemented. (I always did have a sweet swing!)


Since I'm an experienced teacher, I'm sure that I may be called upon to assist some of my brilliant, motivated, yet uninitiated fellow volunteers into the mystical arts of education. Above, the reader will see a few examples. These arcane, often misunderstood, techniques are not to be summoned lightly, but with the utmost respect for the craft and the student. Please do not attempt any of these methods until properly instructed! Improper use could cause resentment at best, and at worst, rip a hole in the fabric of space-time. Remember, fellow humans, when teaching we are trying to light a fire, not fill a bucket.
Til next time,
All the Best
John

2 Comments:

Blogger Katy G. said...

It looks to me like those are alternative *punishment* methods. Don't forget the old draw-a-circle-on-the-chalkboard-and-make-offender-stand-with-his/her-nose-in-it trick. Worked like a charm for me in Zimbabwe. ;)

Mr. Kakey

8:42 AM  
Blogger Katy G. said...

Hey. I was wondering why South Africa isn't represented on your cluster map, so I read the FAQ. I guess I'm coming from a U.S. IP while I'm on the EBSCO server. Will try to log in from home sometime while using my TelkomSA account, so your map will be more truly representative. :)

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home