Monday, February 26, 2007

So long to February


Hey all,
It's has been a long eventful month. Things have been hectic to say the least. School is busy and of late the staff has been racked with illness (myself included). I think everyone here in Portland is ready for spring to get here but my family back in Ohio is having a tough time of it with all the snow.


"My 'hood in Portland during a rare snow day"

I doubt you would find anyone in Ashtabula who believe in global warming right now.
I have been in touch with a couple of PCV's who are now in Georgia and they have been very helpful in answering any questions I have posed to them. It seems that there is a pretty sweet community over there and I am really looking forward to becoming a part of it. I've made some Georgian flash cards and am learning my letters and some words. My initial apprehension about the language is leaving, but I'm sure it will be a challenge.

I am really starting to consider how much i'll miss my job at school. Also, getting rid of all my stuff and moving at the end of April is a constant concern but I'm sure that things will fly off the shelves when I do my "Crazy Eddie's" we -lost-our-lease sale. I had acheived a sense of permanence since my divorce and although I know I need a change of scenery, I'm sure gonna miss my cozy little place in NE Portland!

Well, I gotta run but I thought I'd upload a couple of pics of our recent bi annual snowfall and some other stuff.
All the best,
john

1 Comments:

Blogger The Dude said...

Hey john,
My name is Mark Schaerrer and I am a G6 NGO volunteer. If you want to check out my blog it is web.mac.com/markschaerrer I have a section that you can read that might help you. My biggest peice of advice I can give is enjoy what you have right now and dont worry too much about the language until you get here! you will have awesome teachers and will learn so much more when you get here. You will also get mp3 leason soon from DC. Enjoy family and friends and good food. You will miss it. We are all excited to see new faces. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home