Monday, June 26, 2006

Volunteering can be expensive!


26 June 2006

Hey All,
Well, my medical kit arrived and as I waded through the myriad forms and associated paperwork, I realized that yes indeed, the PC is a gov't organization! I began making phone calls to schedule all my appointments.





" Rachel at her birthday extravaganza"

Big time kudos to Hawthorne Vision Center for my vision stuff, I was in and out in 10 minutes! Other than that, it's been, well.....Interesting and costing me a bit of scratch. $75 for an eval from my marriage counselor, $175 at the dentist (hopefully I won't need any extra work done) and heaven only knows what else is coming down the pike. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound. I'm not going to let a few $$ get in the way of this adventure!!
It's been so f---ing hot here (102 F today). Brought back some serious Persian Gulf memories. My apartment was 94 F last night at 8:30 PM. Time to grab "Speedy the wonder Beagle" and head to the coast for a couple of days.
I spoke to my best bud Kate the other day. Lost touch with her for a few years and decieded to track her down. She is the best ever!! Within minutes we were back in the swing and I ran through a whole cell phone battery. Good times!
I'll throw up a picture from my friend Rachel's birthday last week. Cheap beer and karaoke....excellent. I sang "Big Bottom" All hail Spinal Tap! All for now.
All the best,
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home