Saturday, June 10, 2006

A little about me

Hi all,
Thought I would try to get a picture up and give a little background on my life. I've been in Portland for 7 years and, after going through a divorce I didn't want, decieded to rediscover the world through the PC. I've always enjoyed travel and adventure and I really felt a nagging feeling to get "back out there". While I love my job and Portland, I really feel the need to change the lenses of my "world view glasses". The permanence I once felt in Portland has ebbed and I realize that there is nothing tying me here. So off I go!
I grew up in Ohio, joined the Navy out of highschool just to spite my parents (teenagers make the best decisions don't they?), and floated around the watery part of the world for 5 years. I saw the good (Cannes, Barcelona), the bad (Persian Gulf), and the ugly (abject poverty in Somalia and Djibouti).
After the PG, I'd decieded I'd had enough of that corporation, so I went to the Washington DC area where I worked in saloons, drank alot and had a general good time. But domesticity comes to us all and I married in 1995. Life was good and I was happy. After a move to Portland in 1999 things went up and down but just when I was becoming established in the BEST SCHOOL IN PORTLAND (my opinion), my wife wanted to end our marriage. Regardless of all the thought I have put into this subject, the best I can come up with is that some things just "are". Learn what you can and move on...life's too short.
The picture (if it uploaded properly) is of me in the middle, and my best friends Sam and Dorsey. Sam was best man at my wedding and out of the many friendships I have had in my life, Sam's been the best regardless of distance or relationships. Anyway more to follow soon.
All the Best,
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home