Monday, April 02, 2007

No Place Like the Right Time



Me and my pal Sue :)


My friend Sue just visited last week. Five wonderful days of music, sightseeing, friendship, and of course...BEER! (This is Portland after all). We had a really great time and the only downside was that she was here for only five days. She is truly an amazing person with a really great outlook on life. Portland suits her to a tee. The weather was kind and we were able to get out and about everyday. She brought me some Maryland crab soup, so it felt only right to repay her with some fresh salmon. We didn't hit all 30+ breweries, but we did give it the old college try. Excellent hikes through the trees, a walk on the beach and a stroll through our local street market among other things. It's always very cool to share my wonderful state with friends. Still, with this happy feeling in my heart, re-energized in both spirit and mind, it's time to get back to work!

My buddy Scott, who bought my bookshelves is picking them up today, so morning was spent taking oodles of books out and stacking them haphazardly throughout my ever-shrinking apartment. There's laundry and food shopping to do....all the mundane, grinding things that must be done in our lives, but today they just seem effortless and full of joy. And it's all thanks to My Friend Sue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home