Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ahh, the Week of "Lasts"


Hey all,

Just trying to sell my car and while it is on a test drive, I thought I would post as I enjoy a beautiful early summer's eve in Portland. I can't believe I'm outta here in a week. I boxed up all the stuff I won't be bringing with me and now there is just a pile 'O stuff that I will jam into bags next week and take on my merry way.

That being said, a common perception is that I'm all ready to go, which could NOT be further from the truth. I have graduation this weekend, I have to write 90+ report cards, schedule and conduct year-end conferences, do my final pack, and see at least one more baseball game and bluegrass show...all in the next 7 days!

Still, I have managed to have a bit of fun in between all this insanity. Chad, Kimmy, and I headed down to the legendary Horse Brass Pub last week for a couple of pops (see picture above) and I have had the heart (and liver) wrenching pleasure of having friends and aquaintences wish me the best over the past couple of weeks. I'm sure that I really won't miss Portland until I'm gone...but it's not going anywhere and I am! However, I have been reveling in all the beautiful gifts that my town offers, from great music and beer, to the finest vibe I have ever felt in an environ.

I really feel like writing a bit more, but I'm sure that there will be more frequent posts in the next couple of days as I take stock of all the gifts that I have been given here in Stumptown and beyond!

All the Best,

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home