Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm off...tomorrow

Hey all,
Well we finished up our staging conference today and it has been a little bit stressful. They say that you get better at dealing with stress but I tried to think back to other stressful times (leaving for the Persian Gulf or moving arcross the country) and nothing in my memory compares to this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we integrate how we deal with stress into our character...and I do believe it is always as different as the situation that we are faced with at that time. The only thing that I know that deals with stress equally is some type of perscription drug...but it only lasts for awhile.
It's not how you deal with stress per say, but in how that stress is utilized. Deep in my mind and heart, I realize that stress is a non-discriminatory entity. It doesn't care how many stressful times you've been through, it is always the same. The only thing that changes is how you deal with it all.
My group seems really cool and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better in the coming weeks. I spent tonight checking in with old friends and just sort of reflecting on these last couple of days. We have a late checkout tomorrow, so I'm just chillin' right now and will probably hit the rack soon. I want to get up real early and enjoy a "quiet" morning in DC, go for a walk, sit for awhile, and get some java.
Don't know when I'll be posting again...kind of a crazy week coming up. Keep writing those emails though...I'll happily shell out alot of lari to read it!
All the best (can't wait to know how to say this in Georgian!)
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home