Monday, June 11, 2007

Fear and Loathing in DC

Hey All,
It's been a wild couple of days. I finished work on Friday, met friends at Kennedy school for a sendoff that went a little later than expected (hic). Joel got me to the airport for my red-eye flight.
The flight was good and I managed to catch a few zzz's between the incessant screaming of a toddler who really didn't want to be on the plane. I felt the same way (about the toddler that is). My buddy Akers picked me up and after scrubbing off the travel, met up with Sue and headed out to hear EFO. After that, Sue (who put many miles on her truck) and I went down to Alexandria to meet up with Katie (up from Charlotte) and the Jamison clan. I can't tell you how much fun was had and I didn't bother taking pictures as they would never do the night justice. Lots of beer, backgammon, hot-tubbing etc.
No worse for the wear, Sue took me back to Herndon the next day and said her farewell :( I'll miss her very much. Akers and I went out to the air and space annex at Dulles Airport. It's free to get into the museum but $12 to park. Pretty good scam eh?
It's been great to see so many old friends and I am eternally grateful for their fellowship and support right now. Today will be a bit mellow...I need a break! Tonight I'm heading downtown to meet up with some other G7's (we just can't wait til tomorrow!) and play some pub trivia. Tomorrow is check-in and staging and Thursday is off to Georgia.
Far-***king out.
later,
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home