Saturday, August 04, 2007

Just a random post

How many Peace Corps Volunteers does it take to open a juice box? Kelly and Ellen demonstrate.
Another Pic of Borjomi...I love that town!
Like Global warming, the evidence is overwhelming: I should NOT dance! Martha, Sigma, Johanna and I cutting a rug in Gudari
Dan's Birthday Supra (Feast). Amiran is giving a toast, which is very impotant in Georgia.
Me trying to give an eloquant toast. Results were mixed.
Hey All,
Things have settled down a bit and the days are long and hot with lots of language training. We are only about three weeks away from swearing in and we are all ready to head to our sites and get to work. I would love to post something witty and amusing but this week has been quite mellow....watermelons are in season so I have been eating alot of them lately. I walk about 5-6km per day and pretty much come home and study/pratice my Georgian every night. Heard about the bridge in Minnesota..finally. I keep forgetting how disconnected I am out here in the country. I honestly don't miss it but a little info from time to time would be nice. I'm thinking of buying a shortwave radio so I can get the BBC News. I tried watching Georgian television the other day.....Mexican soap operas dubbed into Russian or Georgian...they are called Novellas back home but here we call them "seriales". Needless to say I went back to my books! Hope you are all well. Happy birthday to Sam!!

4 Comments:

Blogger I heart Stalin said...

METAL HANDS!!!
We Miss You

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jusscowa said...

John,
I know the feelings are probably mixed as to whether or not you feel the same way, but I really do miss you and your lectures. I am elated to hear that you are doing so well and are having such a great time. You really deserve it, and I have always thought so. Stay well.

Justin Cowan

10:49 PM  
Blogger Katy G. said...

Hey Bento,

I sure do wish I'd thought to warn you in advance to get a shortwave radio! I listened to BBC and Voice of America almost every night in Zimbabwe on that thing! Wish I could send you mine, but it is buried in storage in B'ham. But let me know if you don't get one soon, and I'll try to find it when I move home soon -- end of Sept!

Mr. Kakey

6:35 AM  
Blogger Worm said...

John, I absolutely love that hat-and-shirt combo you're wearing in the picture of you dancing. It makes you look very hippie-ish, and we all know how much you love hippies.

Robbie "Please Don't Throw That Chalk At Me" DeLacy

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home